Trade Negotiations between the United Arab Emirates and Israel
What is happening between Israel and the United Arab Emirates? Is the U.S. part of the negotiations? What has led to the trade deals that are being formalized? This is a massive and historically relevant deal that’s been overshadowed by the coronavirus. Dr. Shira Mor shares a boots-on-the-ground perspective of what’s happening in Tel Aviv. Get the inside scoop on the trade negotiations in this episode of Negotiations Ninja.
Dr. Shira Mor is an Israeli-American who graduated from the Columbia Business School in 2013 with a Ph.D. in Management. She has worked with executives and start-ups to obtain funding. She negotiated with a European central bank in 2014. She is an organizational consultant, lecturer, content writing specialist, and an expert in multi-cultural negotiations. She brings unique expertise and perspective to this episode. Don’t miss it!
NOTE: The United Arab Emirates will be referred to as UAE, Emirates, and the Union throughout the episode.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:52] Dr. Shira Moor’s background in negotiation
- [4:27] Why is this trade deal monumental?
- [6:39] How did the first deal happen
- [8:10] Capitalism breaks down barriers
- [9:45] The cultural similarities between the nations
- [12:30] North American negotiations with the Emirates
- [18:17] The key differences to overcome
- [20:40] What can the formalized process be attributed to
- [22:26] What’s the next thing on the horizon
- [25:42] How to develop relationships with people in the UAE
- [28:51] How to connect with Dr. Shira Mor
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Shira Mor
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod