Communication in Sales Management
Those in sales management know it can be a difficult task. Managing sales teams, working with business owners, and managing integration with the rest of the business can be rough to navigate. Many sales managers have mastered their craft, while others are in the position simply for more money. But good sales managers can teach us a lot about communication, conversation, and negotiation.
Rene Zamora joins me in this episode of Negotiations Ninja to share his expertise in sales management and communication. Rene is an expert sales management consultant who specializes in working with small business owners and their sales teams to redefine their relationships—and begin to sell more effectively. Over the years, Rene has learned what transforms sales teams and pushes them to excel. Don’t miss his expert advice!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:13] Rene’s background in sales management
- [2:47] Do good sales people make good managers?
- [3:47] The major challenges sales managers face
- [4:54] THE basic selling tool: conversation
- [7:31] Manage your internal negotiation
- [9:40] What if you don’t have experience?
- [15:14] How to manage your sales team
- [17:56] Clear and consistent communication
- [21:23] Procurement: how to connect with salespeople
- [23:38] It begins and ends with conversation skills
Connect with Rene Zamora
- Sales Manager Now
- Rene on LinkedIn
- Rene’s Book: Part-Time Sales Management
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod