Q&A Session: Negotiating During the Coronavirus Crisis
The Coronavirus crisis has taken the world by storm. When so much of life is up in the air, how do we need to change our negotiation tactics? Do we NEED to change our tactics? What are some strategies we can use to navigate this pandemic? Today’s episode of Negotiations Ninja is a Q&A with Gary Noesner and Allan Tsang, with Shane Ray Martin moderating.
Gary Noesner is a former FBI Negotiator and author of “Stalling for Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator.”
Allan Tsang is a negotiation coach for entrepreneurs and professionals and the founder of 88 Owls. He helps negotiators get what they want without unnecessary compromise.
Shane Ray Martin is a speaker who’s passionate about negotiation, sales, and positivity. His goal is to help entrepreneurs become more self-confident and be more fulfilled.
Outline of This Episode
- [5:20] Don’t rush the negotiation
- [9:45] Should you prepare differently during COVID-19?
- [11:58] The foundational principle of relationship building
- [17:56] Reaching out to existing vendors mid-contract
- [22:35] Handling high-stakes negotiations
- [30:15] Who should negotiate their salary right now?
- [33:28] Clients demanding extended payment terms
- [41:48] You have to ask the right questions
- [44:48] Should you consider a contingency model?
- [47:18] Final words of encouragement
Resources & People Mentioned
- Stalling for Time by Gary Noesner
- The Like Switch by Jack Schafer and Marvin Karlins
- Netflix: Money Heist
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
Connect with Gary Noesner
Connect with Allan Tsang
Connect with Shane Ray Martin
Connect with Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod