Brexit Negotiations and Supply Chain Management
Duncan Brock joins us to discuss the activities being undertaken by the UK and the EU as they try and get an exit deal signed. While we're all having a hard time understanding the nuances and complexity of Brexit, Duncan is fully up to speed on how it's affecting the UK's economy, how people work, and the entire supply chain. This is a fascinating conversation on what the future for the UK and the EU looks like post-Brexit.
Duncan walks us through the history of Brexit starting from the 2016 referendum through to the current activities surrounding negotiating the deal to exit from the EU. The nuances and complexities of Brexit are further enhanced with the frustrating number of resignations and changes within government, negotiations with other EU leaders, and now the resignation of Prime Minister Teresa May.
What does it all mean going forward? What sectors are being hit hardest? How is stockpiling affecting the supply chain? Is a hard Brexit with no deal a possibility? This is a great conversation about a complicated negotiation with a big global impact.
Outline of This Episode
- [3:02] How Duncan started working at CIPS
- [4:58] A brief timeline of Brexit (2016–2019)
- [9:21] Who’s involved in the Brexit negotiations?
- [11:51] Applying Brexit lessons to future negotiations
- [16:25] How Brexit is impacting the supply chain
- [21:46] Can business leaders impact the negotiation?
- [23:26] Is October the line in the sand?
- [25:30] The big takeaways from Brexit
- [28:44] How to connect with Duncan
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Duncan Brock
- ProcureCon Contingent Staffing
- Code: NN-PCS-2019 for 25% off
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod