Effectively Communicating in Crisis
As an entrepreneur, effectively communicating in a time of crisis is a harrowing task. Businesses are closing and people are dying—it’s hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. As business owners and entrepreneurs, how do we communicate with our employees and our customers during this time? How do we step up as leaders and reassure those we are responsible for?
My friend and mentor, Marty Park, joins me in this episode of Negotiations Ninja to share his insight. Marty refers to himself as a “chronic entrepreneur” with over 25 years of experience. He’s owned and operated 13 different companies in multiple industries. He’s also lived through the housing market crash. Listen to this episode as we share our perspective on the crisis we all find ourselves entrenched in.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:30] How to communicate in times of crisis
- [4:23] “Chronic” entrepreneur Marty Park joins me
- [6:43] How to communicate with your employees
- [13:30] What do you say to investors?
- [17:21] Simply making an effort has impact
- [23:26] Structuring your day effectively by building habits
- [28:36] What is the ’Pomodoro Technique’?
- [31:10] Double-down on your effort
- [36:40] Become the leader you need to be
- [38:52] How to connect with Marty Park
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Marty Park
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod