Rethinking Negotiation Training To Add Value To Agreements
We all want to walk away from our negotiations with more value, but for that to happen we’ve got to rethink and reapply a kind of negotiation training that can get us there. Keld Jensen is at the forefront of a movement to rebuild negotiation training from the ground up, starting with a mindset that moves away from the Zero-Sum game that most of us have been taught and toward an approach that adds value to every negotiation for both parties. You will enjoy hearing Keld’s perspective and hearing why he believes that most negotiations can end with up to 40% more value being realized. Does that have your attention? Listen to this great conversation.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:01] Keld’s background in negotiation
- [4:05] Why today’s negotiation training is only providing hacks, not innovation
- [6:10] How to help others see that we need to improve when it comes to negotiation?
- [10:50] Smartnership: What is it?
- [12:48] We lose up to 40% of the value in any given negotiation.
- [17:59] “Getting to Yes” was a failure (says Keld)
- [19:40] Changing the mindset behind negotiation
- [22:48] What must be done to change the mindset behind negotiations broadly?
Resources & People Mentioned
Attend ProcureConWest - Use PIW19NN to get 25% off your registration
Connect with Keld Jensen
- Keld Jensen’s website
- www.SmartnershipNegotiation.com - Keld’s 90-hour program for negotiation training
- Keld’s Amazon Author page
- Follow Keld on LinkedIn
- Follow Keld on Twitter: @Keld_Jensen
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod