Procurement's Rising Star
I’m really excited to have Siddharth (Sid) Ramesh on this week’s show. Sid is the manager of strategic sourcing in the technology space at VSP Global, where he’s been for 5 years. His career is on a meteoric rise. He’s been nominated for a SIG Future of Sourcing Rising Star Award and he’s a trusted source for everything related to procurement. In addition to being super smart he’s really nice—definitely one of the good guys.
Sid talks about supplier negotiations in the technology space including the myth about having to be the tough guy. He shares insights on the unequivocal need for planning and having the confidence to appreciate the need for continuous learning and training. My prediction is that Siddharth Ramesh is going to be the next big thing when it comes to procurement and sourcing.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:06] Sid’s background in procurement
- [6:03] Training with Negotiations Ninja
- [8:14] Supplier negotiations in the technology space
- [10:14] How to prepare for difficult negotiations
- [12:18] The Negotiations Ninja framework
- [14:10] Challenges with achieving internal alignment
- [18:05] The key to Sid’s success
- [20:30] Why you should invest in training
- [23:06] What is the SIG Rising Star Award?
- [25:34] How to connect with Siddharth
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Siddharth Ramesh
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod