Busting Negotiation Myths
If you want a glimpse into the conversations experienced negotiators have on a daily basis—a sort of “Scotch talk”—tune in to this episode of Negotiations Ninja! Dan Oblinger and Allan Tsang join me for a Q&A session where we dispel some common myths about negotiation. We chat about changing your mindset and viewing negotiation as a craft—not a gimmick.
Dan Oblinger is a business consultant and negotiation coach with 10+ years of crisis negotiation experience under his belt.
Allan Tsang, by day, is a negotiation coach and trainer to executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals. By night...he is also a negotiation coach and trainer—working with people in Asia.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:32] Dan Oblinger and Allan Tsang Hijack the show!
- [1:53] Dan Oblinger’s background in crisis negotiation
- [3:03] Allan Tsang’s background in negotiation coaching
- [4:25] How did their Q&A’s on LinkedIn start
- [7:44] Their biggest negotiation pet peeves
- [13:20] There is no easy button in negotiation
- [18:28] The interplay between strategies, tactics, and mindset
- [23:41] The importance of role-playing negotiations
- [25:23] Dan’s takeaway for the audience
- [27:28] Allan’s takeaway for listeners
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Dan Oblinger
Connect with Allan Tsang
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod