How to Master Virtual Negotiations
What does it take to negotiate a great deal virtually? Whether by email, text, or web-based video conversation—whatever it might be—how do you get to a great deal? How do you decide what mode of communication to use? In this episode of Negotiations Ninja, Giuseppe Conti explains the benefits of each mode of communication and which to choose for optimal results.
Giuseppe has been in procurement for over 25 years. He’s held senior roles with Procter & Gamble, Novartis, Firmenich, and Merck—in 5 different countries. In 2005 he started teaching negotiation at a business school. Now he teaches at 14 different schools, including 10 of the top 12 names in Europe—Oxford being one of them. He helps his consulting clients negotiate real-life deals. Don’t miss out on his extensive expertise!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:40] Giuseppe Conti joins the podcast
- [3:02] The different virtual communication channels
- [5:51] The advantages of email communication
- [6:49] The importance of summarizing
- [7:50] Why we lean towards a negative interpretation
- [9:23] How to properly use email (how to write + reply)
- [14:12] Building rapport through virtual negotiations
- [16:26] Choosing the right virtual negotiation tool
- [19:55] Why you must understand your context
- [21:18] How to connect with Giuseppe
Resources & People Mentioned
- Albert Mehrabian’s "7%-38%-55% Rule"
Connect with Giuseppe Conti
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod