Dr. Mark Goulston is back by popular demand! In this episode of Negotiations Ninja, I chat with Dr. Goulston about becoming a better listener—which includes learning how to talk with people. Dr. Mark shares that there are four levels of talking to someone. You can talk over them, at them, to them, or with them. How do you know which you’re doing? What should you do instead? Learn more in this episode!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:26] Dr. Mark Goulston is back by popular demand!
- [4:20] The HUVA exercise will change everything
- [8:34] What if you don’t add value to the conversation?
- [10:24] The persuasion cycle: don’t move too fast
- [12:50] The four levels of talking to someone
- [23:16] How to delegate effectively
- [27:46] How to get other people to excel emotionally
- [29:35] You must adjust your tone for each person
- [34:44] Learn more about Dr. Mark Goulston
Resources & People Mentioned
- Warren Bennis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Bennis
Connect with Dr. Mark Goulston
- Dr. Mark’s Website: https://markgoulston.com/
- LinkedIn Live Sessions: https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/all/?keywords=mark%20goulston%20no%20strings%20attached&origin=GLOBAL_SEARCH_HEADER
- Podcast: My Wakeup Call: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/my-wakeup-call-with-dr-mark-goulston/id1439752757
- Just Listen: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Listen-Discover-Getting-Absolutely/dp/0814436471
- Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markgoulston/
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarkGoulston
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn